Friday, September 27, 2013

September 23, 2013


Hola Familia!

 

It was way good to get all your emails and read them!  It sounds like everything is going good at home.  This week was an okay week.  Not much happened because my companion was sick with something.  We had to stay in the house for three days.  I thought he could have just manned up and taught some people, but he didn't.  He sounded like he only had a stuffy nose, but he kept saying he was feeling weak.  Sometimes you have to put your big boy pants on and work.  He also focuses more on himself than on investigators and people.  He worries about his needs more than theirs.  You got to forget yourself out here.  So ya that was most of my week, sitting in the house reading Jesus the Christ and D&C.  If you can believe it I almost have finished Jesus the Christ because of all the time my companion has been wasting.  He doesn't like to do companionship study so I pick it up and read until language study time, and when he doesn't want to work I pick it up and read it some more.  It is a really good book, and I enjoy reading it.  I am excited to get a new companion.  I kind of want to train because I want to do the 12 week packet again and so my Spanish can pick up.  But I am happy with anything that gets thrown my way. 

 

On Friday and Saturday we started teaching so people.  On Friday we stopped by Jesus and he is doing good.  He is slowly recovering and he enjoys our chats from the doorstep.  I hope through this trial his heart is going to soften and he will accept the gospel this time.  We didn't stop by Margarita because we kind of gave her the boot cuz she won’t do anything we tell her to do.  We also taught Jorge and Gina.  They are doing super good.  The got married on Saturday so we went to that.  It was a small wedding, and they didn't want to throw a big party because they want to wait till they get sealed in a year.  I think I will be able to attend that so I am excited.  But the wedding was good but long.  She is now cleared to get baptized in 2 weeks so I am excited for that.  Jorge is going to do it so that will be awesome to see.  Cecilia couldn't find time to meet with us this week but she came to church this week with her daughter.  We are going this Tuesday to teach her and the family.  She told us at church that the divorce keeps on getting worse and worse.  So that’s not good.  We are probably going to invite her to be baptized this Tuesday.  We went to the outlet mall, which is just up our street, and we were going to visit a less-active member who works there and see if we could talk to anyone else.  My companion also wanted to look a basketball shoes because he is obsessed with basketball and stuff.  So we started walking in, and this man stopped us.  He is a member from Sandy, Utah, and he just wanted to talk to us.  He also wanted to take us to lunch on Tuesday.  He is super nice.  He asked where I lived in Utah, and I told him where and gave the address to him.  So if he comes knocking on our door don't be alarmed - he is nice.  His name is Brother Clough and he is now taking us to lunch on Tuesday.  So hopefully that goes well.  But other than that, not much has happened down here.  It is starting to cool down here too, but it is still like 80 down here.  At night it gets super cold because we are in the desert, but my sheets and blanket fight off the cold just fine.  But other than that stuff I am doing good.

  

Hopefully everything at home is good this week, and Charlie doesn't bolt for Tyler’s room again in the night.  That made me laugh!  I hope Bear is doing good and give him a scratch for me!  I am bummed I can't see Breaking Bad.  It sounds super intense.  I hope you guys have a great week, football goes well this week, and the Pack get things turned around this BYE week!  You guys are always in my prayers and I miss you and love you guys tons!

 

Con mucho amor,

-Elder Smith

 

No comments:

Post a Comment