It sounds like everything is good at home.....I am leaving
the land of the desert, and the book is closing out here. This area is so
great, and I have loved my time here. I am sad to leave, but it’s good. I am excited to see what there is in store
for me. The Lord knows me the best, and he knows it’s my time to move
on. I am going north - that's all I know. I could be in Las Cruces,
the heart of ABQ, or Santa Fe. It’s going to be fun to see what the mission
is like up north. I have been down south for a little bit over a year, so
I am excited for a change. But I am
going to miss Chappy.
This week was good but hard like always. We found a
new investigator, and that was a miracle. I think I wrote you about that
story last email. It rained the whole week, so it was nice to have
overcast skies and rain. Chappy flooded, so that was crazy. Our
truck got so dirty because we would have to rally through puddles and
mud. Our truck is just caked with mud, so it is pretty nice. We are
going to get a car wash today, so hopefully that will clean it up.
We
worked hard this week, and we saw a lot of people. Hector, Denice and the
family are all doing good. That family is a straight-up miracle, and I am
happy I was able to be part of their conversion. If they are my only
baptisms, I am happy with that. I know that she will continue to
progress, and so will Alejandro. They adopted one of Hector's sons from
Puerto Rico. So they will be having him
now. Denice wants him to be baptized, so
that will be cool. Hector will come along eventually, and he will get
there. They are an awesome family, and I am sad I am leaving them.
Not much other than that happened. We see saw them a lot this week. We have
been strengthening some less-active members who have been coming back.
One is the Gomez family. We have been
pushing really hard with the kids, Chris and Angel. They are super cool
kids, and it’s been fun to be with them and see them start loving the
gospel. Angel is a junior in high school.
He told us the other day that before he thought he just had to be a Mormon,
do that, and not be any part of the world. But he said now he realizes he can live in the
world and also be a Mormon, and it’s awesome. It’s been awesome to see
them come back and start going again. The other family we are working
with is a mess, but they are coming. They were going to an English ward
but switched over to the Spanish branch because they ran out of rope at the
English ward for food and money. It was a mess at first, but now we have
been cleaning it up. They are just
coming to come to church now. I was very bitter at first because they
were just adding to problems at the branch, and the branch didn't need the
problems. To my surprise they haven't brought any more problems, but
they need strengthening and they will be solid. Their trailer is a mess
and is falling apart. It also smells like crap and just grossness in
there, but it is the mission life. But that was our week in a nutshell
for you. Not much happened more happened, and that's ok. We worked
hard even when it was pouring.
It sounds like everything is
going well at home! It was good to read your letters this week and hear
about everything. I will be letting you know next Tuesday where I
landed! I don't know where I am going, but it’s going to be a good change,
and I am excited! Thanks for all you guys do for me. Sorry this
email is kind of boring this week. I will make sure it is better next
week! You guys are always in my prayers, and have a wonderful week.
Buena suerte en futbol americano esta semana y tambien en la MCAT! Sean I
hope you get a new job you want, and I know you will! Have a wonderful
week!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment