It’s another week down out here in the South Valley. I love it out here and fall is amazing out here. The leaves are changing day by day and it’s awesome. We had a really good week out here and we worked are butts off. I love my comp so much, he is a stud beyond believe. We were really busy this week and we had things every day to keep us busy. Sorry for not writing you guys yesterday, President Miller moved P-Day to today instead of Tuesday due to Veterans Day. It was a really good week and we had some fun. We are working hard, we just need some news right now.
Last Tuesday was crazy to say the least. We had to deal with crazy Aaron Gallegos. He decided to get drunk as a stunk and go and preach the gospel to some homeless people. We were on our way to dinner and we got this call from him. It was unusual to get a phone call from him. We picked it up and right away I had this feeling that he was drunk. He told us he found this homeless guy who is a member and he told us he wanted us to find a place for him to stay. We told him we would call him back. We prayed as we were driving to figure out what to do. He called us back without us calling him and he told us the guy ran off into the forest by the Rio Grande and he didn’t want our help. He told us he ripped up the card Aaron gave to him in his face and that made Aaron really upset and he was crying to us on the phone. He was a mess to say the least. We asked if he had a ride home because he was so drunk we were scared he wouldn’t make it home. He told us he would just take the bus and he would be alright. We didn’t feel good about that and we were kind of scared for him. We have been told that he kind of goes crazy and gets mad when he is drunk. We didn’t want him to get arrested or get into trouble. We told him that we were going to come and get him and take him home. We aren’t really supposed to give people rides at all in our vehicles and we are kind of prohibited of doing it. We prayed and we felt like we should do it. We drove down Central and found him walking. We pulled over and mean time we are still on the phone with him. He told us as we were driving that he was going to hide from us and he wasn’t going to come out. I was kind of laughing to myself because I knew hiding for a drunk man is like laying there on the street. I was kind of scared though that he might do that. We pulled over into this abandon parking lot and I swear in synchronizing motion me and my companion got out of the car. It remind of my of the tv show Cops when they are going to take down someone who is drunk. I grabbed him and he was on the phone with someone else and he handed the phone to me and then I handed it to my companion. I dealt with him as he broke down on the ground. I held him them there and my companion dealt with the phone call. I tried to get him in the car and he wouldn’t but finally we did. On the phone was one of his best friends who called him to see if he wanted to hang out. It was a miracle, how right as we got there she called. We drove him home and right as we got there his friend pulled up and help us out. He gave me the biggest hug and cried while hugging me for a while. We got him settled down and then we took off. The next day we had an appointment with him and he called us and confirmed it. The appointment time came and we stopped by and he wasn’t there. We talked to his mom and she told us she hasn’t heard from him. He had probation and everything today and the called to ask if she knew where he was and she didn’t. Later that night we got a text from his friend asking if we knew were Aaron was. His phone was found in the streets but he was gone. We thought he booked it. Come to find out as he was going to Probation some accused him of stealing his phone and chucked a rock and knocked him out and he woke up in the hospital around 12 am. We were later able to teach him this week and he is safe and sound but that was in a nut shell Aaron for you. He is doing better so hopefully he will change. We are praying for it.
Our other investigators are doing well. We had a lesson with Jamyll on Monday and that went well. He goes on vacation soon so they are going to travel to Mexico and I think he is going to talk to him mom then. His dad told us he really wants to get baptized he just needs to talk to his mom. He is a stud but a project. We have been dealing with the 7th day of Venice people lately and they are crazy to say the least. The think we are going to be damned because we don’t worship on Saturday. We have been trying to tackle this question for the longest time of why we worship on Sunday so if you have any thoughts please write them. We have Jose Corona who is 7th day and he is an amazing guy we just can’t answer his question about worshiping on Sunday. He is amazing he just needs to get over this stupid little doubt. We found an awesome new this week named Jesus. Elder Peterson found him on splits with our Ward Mission Leader. We taught his Saturday and he was awesome. He is looking for the truth and a church to join. We had a brief lesson with him because he told us that he wanted us to teach his family too. We asked him to come to church and he said he wanted too but he never made it. He is awesome and he was a great find and he has a lot of potential. Hopefully he will progress and change.
We are doing really well with our Less Actives lately. We have been seeing a lot of them and that is really good. We are slowly getting some back and we have built a lot of trust with them. It is so sad to see people go away from something they know is true and good for them. I love working with them and it’s amazing to see when they do change and start coming back
We had interviews with President Miller yesterday and they went really well. I have been really stressed lately about my Spanish. It has been so hard for me my whole mission. Our ward mission leader has been a butt to me about it. He kind of has hinted to me that my Spanish suck and I need to improve. I have been trying my hardest but it’s hard to say the least. Our ward mission leader instead of building me up always he just tears me down. He tells me things to study and I do. He also thinks I am not helping my companion Spanish but I am trying and helping him but trying to help me. I have been really down but yesterday President Miller was awesome. He asked me to pray in Spanish and after words he was like your Spanish is great Elder Smith. He told me that my accent was good and I have been working hard at it. I thanked him and told him it has been a struggle. I love him so much. I can’t express my gratitude of how great he is. He is an amazing man, called of god. The interview went well and he express how excellent I was. I love him and they were nice comments he gave to me.
We have recently volunteered at an old people’s home for service and it has been a blast to say the least. The head man is LDS and a lot of people that work there are LDS. We help set up things and get ready for the parties they have. One day we just had to sit and chat with some of them and it was pretty dang funny. It’s sad to see people get old but it’s fun to do service there. The mission has been really pushing for Service lately so we our out and about looking for places we can serve. It’s awesome and we are seeing miracles from it. We found a Less Active through it and also this guy lost touch with the missionaries and he asked for a number for the missionaries in Los Lunes. It was pretty awesome and a miracle to say the least. It’s been fun. That is my week for you in a nut shell.
I loved reading your emails this week and it was great to hear from you all. That is awesome to hear that the Pack murdered the Bears in Green Bay. I bet the fans were loving it there at the Stadium. I am so excited to get away from all the Dallas Fans and go home to a house full of Packers. Time is flying here and it is scaring me but I love it. I hope you guys have an awesome week and it is fun. Mom if it isn’t too late can you get me the pocket English scripture set. It’s these pocket sized scripture that just came out that I could carry around in my bag increase I need some English Scriptures. You can sent them to me at Christmas, I thought I would let you know. I will also get a blanket. Thanks for everything you do for me and all your support. Good luck this week Scott! You will do great and I hope Tyler gets a hot date! I remember going to that and this crazy lady was trying to score a hot date but she didn’t. Hopefully that doesn’t happen to you! I love you guys and you’re in my prayers!
Love,
-Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment