Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 18,2014




It was good to hear from you all this week, and I am happy everyone is in one piece at home.  I am freezing my butt off right now.  My hands are really cold in this library, so it’s hard for me type, but it’s all good.   It was a freezing cold week to say the least.  I bought myself a blanket last week.  I bought an electric one.  I hope that is alright.  I sleep like a charm now, so thanks for letting me do that.  Other than the cold, we had a really good week out here.  We worked hard, and it really paid off in the end.  We have been really busy the last couple of weeks, and that has been really good.  We are trying our hardest with everything we have, and it’s paying off.  The Lord is really blessing us right now, and that is really good.  I really do love it out in in ABQ.  I never thought I would ever really get attached to a state but I have.  It’s such an awesome state, and I love it out here.   We also had some funny things happen to us this week, so that is good.  We are working hard and having fun.  It’s been awesome.

The big news of this week is that we were able to find 8 new people to teach, and that was awesome.  One of them is a family of 3, another is a family of 4, and then we taught this other guy who is super sick.  The one new dude is name Francisco, and he is awesome.  The funny story with him is that we contacted his daughters in the street and started talking with them back in October.  They were about our age, so I was a little hesitant to talk with them.  Their dad came outside and talked to us for a minute.  We asked if we could come back again, and he was like “ya, that is fine if you want.”  He gave us Aya as his name.  We have kind of put it off and put it off.  We kind of thought he wasn’t really interested in it.  My companion kept on saying every week that we needed to go back.  We would get caught up with something and then never see him that week.  Finally we made some time.  We drove over there, parked our car outside, and said a prayer.  We were both saying how we were really nervous and scared.  We walked up to his door.  There was a gate in front of the door, so we thought we would not be able to knock.  I kind of got ready to turn around, but my companion tried the gate, and it was open.  He walked into the passageway and knocked on this castle looking door.  We waited and were freezing.  All of a sudden this little sliding door at the top opened up, and he was like, “Who is it?”  We asked if Aya was there.  He replied, “Who?”  We explained to him that we talked with him, and he was like “oh ya”, and then he opened up this castle door, and we walked into the passageway and into his house.  I felt like we were trying to get into the castle doors.   We walked in, and he had crosses everywhere.  We were thinking, “This is going to be a problem,” but we ended up having an amazing lesson with him about the Restoration.  He loved when we talked about the Book of Mormon, and he told us he would read it that night.  It was a super cool experience.  My companion made the comment after that Satan probably didn’t want us to go see him because he knew that he would love it.  It was awesome. 

Our family of 3 is friends with a member.  We had a Family Home Evening with them, and it went really well.   I think they enjoyed our message.  The other family of 4 was also a really cool experience.  Last week at the library my companion got done emailing early, and he just sat by me as I finished.  He ended up talking to a woman who asked us if we could go to her house.  Last Saturday we had a journey into the boonies.  We went to this part of our area where hardly anyone lives.  It reminded me of Chappy, and we had an awesome lesson with her and her kids.  It was awesome.  They invited us back, so we have to head out there next Saturday.  But we are trying to set up a lesson at a member’s home who lives out there.  Hopefully we will be able to set something up.  The problem with that lesson is that she was make the message of the Restoration seem more complicated than it was, so it was a struggle.  But we handled it, Harry.

Our other investigators are doing really good.  We had an awesome lesson with Jamyll yesterday about the word of wisdom.   He received it well, and he told us that he goes next week to ask his mom if he can be baptized.  So we are hoping that goes well and she says yes.  We had Nestor show up this week to Church, and that is awesome.  He loved it there.  He asked our ward mission leader if he could come over with the missionaries to answer his questions.  Our ward mission leader told him that we would find someone else.  So instead of saying, “Yes, I’ll come,” he passed the buck to someone else.  He is a head case, but I love him.  Also Magda kicked out Osvaldo again.  He showed up to church if you can believe it.  We had an awesome lesson with him that night at the church.  We invited him to be baptized, and he said he wanted to.  He told us he wants to try and get back together with Magda, but if that doesn’t work he wants to be baptized.  We are praying for him.   

Our less-actives are doing well, and we are continuing to work with them.  I love working with them.  It’s hard, but it’s really good.  We have built up a lot of trust with them, and we are just trying to get them back to church.  We had a member teach us this week how to make tortillas, and that was awesome.  We then had a less-active member teach us.  So if you can believe it, I know how to make tortillas.  Café Rio salads are going to become a bigger hit now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment