Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April 29, 2014


Hey Guys!

This week was a pretty good week.  It was hard but good.  We had meetings and interviews with President Miller this week, and we also got to go to the temple yesterday, which was nice.  The Albuquerque Temple is beautiful and so great.  It’s one of my favorite temples.  It’s small, but it’s great.  I love the temple.  Our investigators are doing good as well.  We are trying to get them to come to church and it’s slow, but we are trying.  We almost have the old branch president’s family reactivated.   All we need is him to show up, and he is probably coming this week.  His wife has come 3 times, and his promise was to come after 3 times.  I am praying that he will show up this week.  That would be great.  It was a really good week.

We had our quarterly interviews with President this week.  He is an amazing man, and it’s been a blessing to have been able to meet him.  You can just see that he is inspired and receives revelation for this mission.   He talked to me about the area and its struggles.  He knows it’s a hard area, and he has been debating for a while whether to close it or not.  I expressed how it’s been a great growing experience there, and it’s been hard, but I love it there.  It was a good interview with him.  He expressed that he knew I am a hard-working missionary.  That was nice of him to say, and it was a good compliment, but I know that I can always work a little harder.  It was a good interview.  He is trying really hard lately to get us to be just dedicated and really obedient.  He had a little meeting Friday night at the stake center, and he just talked with us about how we can be dedicated and great missionaries.  It was a good meeting.  I got to see Elder Folsom, and that was fun.  I love that guy.  We also went to the temple yesterday, and it was rad-tastic.  It’s such a great place - full of the spirit.  This time I realized how much God really loves us.  I have always known that he does, but this time when it was talking about the creation and everything it was clear he put all his efforts into this world and us.  He could have created it really fast, but he took his sweet time and made it wonderful.  God is perfect, and the things he creates are done to perfection.  He doesn't just put it together sloppily.  He takes it in his hands like a sculpture and molds it and shapes it into the thing he wants.  I love that about him.  He loves everything so much that he takes the time to make them prefect.  We are his greatest creation and he loves us so much.  We have part of him inside of us, and I love that.  The temple was great and I enjoyed it.  On the way down we stopped in Las Cruces and got some ice cream.  I sampled a green chili sundae, and it was weird but really good.  I sent a pic of it.  It was a fun time.

Our investigators are doing really good.  Hector and Denise are progressing slowly.  Their lessons always go long because they have so many questions.  I know inside that they feel our spirit, and they know there is something special about this church.  I am just hoping they come to church.  We have a new guy that a family brought to church twice now.  His name is Marcos, and we finally taught him right after church this week.  Last week we couldn't grab him in time, but this week we did.  He is a little interesting, but I think he feels something special about this church as well.  We have an appointment with him this week at the members’ home.  Hopefully it goes well.  He also has a huge assassins creed symbol tattooed on his arm, and it’s funny.  Margaret Vargas is doing good as well.  Our lessons on Wednesday have now turned into the huge bible study lesson.  She is inviting her friends over to hear us, and it’s funny.  Hopefully she will accept a baptism date soon.  She is really prepared but just needs to ask God. 

That was pretty much my week.  It was a good one.  Thanks for all your emails and support.  I love you guys tons.  It’s going to be fun to talk to you guys soon.  I am looking forward to that.  For a package it would be great if you could find The Lower Light: Hymn Revival CD and also Nearer: A New Collections of Favorite Hymns CD.  That's all I have right now.  I really like those CD's.  I hope you’re all doing good and have a wonderful week.  I am happy Scott's graduating and Sean's doing well and better!  I can't wait to see the baby!  That's awesome about the Pack, and Go Giants!  I miss sports!  I love you guys tons and have a wonderful week!  You are in my prayers!

Con Amor,

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment